Accueil > BLAGUES-L > Archives 1995 >

Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 08:29:59 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: BLAGUES-L: The Winter Coat


This is a true story.  A friend of my aunt was shopping in Green Bay recently.
While driving home from a department store, the woman started feeling sick and
hot and was turning purple and getting dizzy.  When she started having trouble
breathing, she went to the emergency room of the hospital.  Nobody knew what
exactly was happening, but they treated the woman for shock with antihistamines
and other stuff.

Eventually the doctors found some scratches in her neck, and from the symptoms
they concluded that the woman had suffered from a snake bite.  At first the
woman didn't believe them.  How could you get bitten by a poisonous snake and
not know it?!  But then she remembered...


While trying on a winter coat at the store, the woman felt an annoying prick
in her neck.  It went away with readjustment, so she thought nothing of it.
She decided not to buy to coat, and put it back on the rack.


From the hospital the woman called the store and told them the story.  Of
course they thought she was crazy, but they took the coat into a back room
and sliced it open anyhow.  Lo and behold!  There was a mother snake and three
babies trapped in the lining!!!!!  Yikes!!  They must have crawled in and
hibernated when the coat was assembled in Taiwan.

The woman was quietly awarded a generous financial settlement.

So folks, beware of coats made in Taiwan, and henceforth, before you try on
anything new, throw it on the floor and stomp on it.
        =       =       =       =       =       =       =

Accueil > BLAGUES-L > Archives 1995 >